Sunday, February 22, 2009

Madea Goes to Jail


First, I am so proud that Madea was #1 at the box office this weekend grossing an amazing $41 Million. Thank you for not bootlegging (as much). Second, let me say I looooove Tyler Perry. I love everything he stands for and I've loved all his plays and movies. Did I enjoy Madea Goes to Jail? Yes. Did I laugh? Yes. Did I enjoy the message? Yes. Could it have been much, much better? Yes. I found it to be too cliche. Too much like the rest of his movies and I didn't find most of the jokes funny. But, the jokes I did laugh at had me dying. I'm not saying it was bad, I'm just saying it wasn't that good. I expected more from Mr. Perry. By all means please go see it, especially if you're a Tyler Perry fan, because if nothing else it will move you. I had a few "God is talking to me" moments, which made up for the "already done before" jokes. And if you do see it, let me know your thoughts?


Side note: Tyler you have made millions of dollars. Don't you think its time to upgrade the cinematography so that it doesn't look like its shot by Tyrone and dem from the block? I'm just saying.